Commonwealth Games Reflection

What are the Commonwealth Games?

The Commonwealth are games that Athletes enter for their Country. Commonwealth games are also different from the Olympic games because the Olympic Games is a Global sport for the whole world, but the Commonwealth games are just for original members that are in the Commonwealth Games.

What happened on the “ Road To Birmingham”?

We had to run as many laps as we could and we added up all the laps, turned them into kilometres and added it to our Road to Birmingham, because it was our goal to get to the finish line. We also could not travel because it cost too much money so we did it virtually. We had to virtually travel 1653.2km in 100 days, to get to the finish line.

Which Athlete did you choose/Why?

I chose Frances Davies, because I knew that she works hard and ecourges herself to reach her goal , which is very inspiring to me, it teaches me to never give up until I reach my goal.

4 Interesting Facts About Frances Davies!

• Frances Davies was born in Rotorua
  • She was born 4th of March 1868
  • She started to play field hockey when she was six years old
  • At nine years old she started playing field hockey at Tauranga Girls College

How did we follow NZ during the games?

I watched the games with my uncle because he is the only one in my family that has sky TV to watch sports. The first time I watched only my chosen athlete but then my uncle encouraged me to watch some more sports with 

him so that I could discover more sports athletes.

Summary 

I would like to do this again because it was so fun to find facts, and I would recommend this even if you are not sporty, because it will give you something to do instead of lying down on the couch being like a sack of potatoes. 😅